Getting locked out of your car is one of those annoyances in life that is bound to happen at some point. However, it usually happens when you least expect it and on the day that things just keep going from bad to worse. However, getting locked out of the car happens – it’s a known fact – but how can you prevent it from happening in the first place? It’s not like you can predict the future or anything. Yet, in one sense you can predict the future, because you know it is going to happen at least once, so the best thing you can do is prepare. Here are five ways to prevent getting locked out of your car.
- Always keep a spare car key in your purse or wallet. This can be an excellent way to prevent getting locked out. By carrying a spare key, you can simply pull it out whenever you are locked out of our car. Lets hope, of course, that you don’t lock your purse or wallet in the car, but in most cases, you want to make sure to keep the key in something that you would carry at all times.
- Sign up for automatic assistance. There are many new cars that come with a service that allows you to dial in to have the doors unlocked automatically. If you have children, this service can literally be a lifesaver. There are many parents that not only accidentally lock the keys in the car, but also their children too. Many of these services are connected via satellite and can detect when you are in distress. You can also call them on a smart phone or mobile device. All they have to do is remotely activate your vehicle.
- Have your vehicle connected to an application that allows you to wirelessly unlock and start your car. Many of these smart phone and tablet devices can be a huge help when you get locked out of your vehicle. To set these programs up, all you have to do is download the application and then wire your vehicle accordingly. Many new cars make setting this service up easy, but you may have to do a little more work with older vehicles. When it comes down to it, these applications can be a huge help in case of an emergency.
- Keep an extra key in a lock box at home. Sure, keeping a spare key at home may not sound like a good idea, but it is. All you have to do is call a tow service and have your car towed to your home, so that you can unlock your vehicle. Whether you are searching “tow truck San Diego” or in any other location, it may be helpful to have the number on you at all times.
- Leave a key with a friend. There is a good chance that you have a good friend that you can leave a key with that can help you out if you are in a jam. If you get locked out, at least you have someone that you can count on.